Thursday, April 2, 2009

Division Bell

When we meet in the darkening center of this map

will you recognize the dusk in me, the boy in me? The love of disrepair in me,

the bolt of silk? Tomorrow the sun

will issue her invitation, while the cirrus clouds will do their best to intercept.

Felled trees have carpeted this pasture. I close my eyes

until a rose appears, then grows alarming-- Your kiss will be faunal, your mouth

full of hemisphere and wreck.

4 comments:

ctm said...

I like the way this one ends. There's something very classical--even medieval--about the rose image, but I can't recall off the top of my head very many instances of the appearance of a rose 'grows alarming.'

Louise Mathias said...

thanks Clayton.

I wrote this listening to Pink Floyd's "Take It Back"

ctm said...

I was wondering if 'Division Bel' was a Floyd reference...

Charmi said...

The rose becoming alarming, wonderful.